Supplier Ethical Data Exchange, or SEDEX certification audit, is a system proposed to empower organizations into improving the moral execution of their production network. Organizations that are part of SEDEX utilize its electronic framework, participate in conferences and gatherings to interact with a network of organizations, and receive training. This connected network of organizational working allows for regular updates to take place down the supply chain levels whenever necessary.
Along with other organizations, ELC also took the initiative of ensuring high standards of hygiene measures during Covid-19, making their entire facility compliant to the global ethical standards of operations, our aim was to aim for SMETA guidelines as it operates on 4 key areas important for every organization. These are:
- Health & Safety
- Labor Standards
- Business Integrity
These are also called the basis for any organization to be successful and SEDEX acts as a pillar to emphasize these 4 needs and increase the output of every organization, ensuring success in the long run.
Benefits of SEDEX Certification
- Results in the overall improvement in the supply chain for any business.
- Maintenance and management of the organization’s data.
- Improvement of the overall reputation of the organization.
- Reduce workload and generate better involvement from employees.
- All the data is made available in one place which makes it easier to operate.
- Effective management of the global supply chain.
- Organization becomes capable of properly managing the supply chain and sharing relevant information at the right time.
How to Get a SEDEX Certification?
- Fill in an application that requires all the information about a company. This application is saved in the SEDEX servers for review.
- In the second step, the application is reviewed to check whether all requirements have been met or not.
- After reviewing, SEDEX provides quotations to the company, checks its achievements, and all its standards.
- Once documentation is reviewed, organizations have to fill in a 2-stage audit.
a. In audit 1, a check is done to ensure all documents are submitted and authentic to be used.
b. In audit 2, the inspector verifies the implementation of the rules provided in the initial stages.
After every review is validated, the certification is submitted to be valid for three years. After this period, a verification process begins for the resubmission of the certification.
SEDEX is a non-profit organization that attempts to introduce ethical business practices. The certification helps to organize a company’s information and data in an effective and efficient manner, which in the end helps the company to stay up-to-date on all developments to introduce new practices and drive overall success. At Elite Leather Creations, we’re proud to share that we have obtained SEDEX certification for ethical business practices that enables us to avail effective and progress-focused solutions to offer the best products and services to our customers.